Interested in getting more involved with YNPNmaine? Join a committee!
Chair: Ali Brauner
YNPNmaine's Events Committee works to bring our members the best programming around. We focus our efforts in three areas:
- Professional Development – From grant-making seminars to talks about women in power, our workshops and talks cover it all. Guest speakers have included leaders from across the state of Maine.
- Networking – Nonprofit work is tough and we don’t expect you to do it alone! Join us for monthly social events at some of our favorite bars, restaurants, and coffee shops around the state. These opportunities are casual and fun ways to meet like-minded folks while expanding your professional and personal networks.
- Volunteer Opportunities – YNPNmaine was founded to strengthen and support our local community. We partner with organizations across Maine for direct service opportunities. The work reminds us why we do what we do every single day. From serving meals in local shelters to assisting at events, if there’s a need we do our best to fill it.
Chair: Samantha Scarf
The purpose of the Development Committee is to work with the Board to set fundraising goals and assess progress towards meeting those goals. As well as establish policies and procedures in regards to the management of funds raised, stewardship of members and donors and counting policies.
The Development Committee will:
- Coordinate fundraising events in conjuncture with the Events Committee
- Manage an Annual Appeal (annual fundraising drive) and or membership drive
- Steward members and donors
- Define the short‐ term and long‐term funding needs
- Contribute to and review the fundraising plan to ensure progress toward funding goals
- Identify and recruit community leaders to serve with Board members on the Development Committee.
- Engage in advocacy and networking